Monday, September 23, 2013

Spotlight: Jhené Aiko


Lately I've noticed the songstress Jhene Aiko has been getting shine, which I feel is much deserved...

I first heard Ms. Aiko's voice on the Schoolboy Q track 'Fantasy' back in high school. Her voice is amazingly soft, beautiful and just sensual. It's like the embodiment of a hazy rainy day, where all you want to do is lay around and listen to good music. And that's exactly what she makes; quality music with substance. The tracks I have tuned in to that include her in it are all made so much more with her presence. From 'Terrorist Threats' with Ab Soul, the assist on J Cole's Born Sinner track 'Sparks Will Fly', Big Sean's Beware to the new Drake joint 'From Time' ( Go check it out now if you already haven't), I just haven't heard any wrong from her. Her album Sail Out, set for release October 29, is a must listen personally for me. She is an amazing artist and as such deserves the shine she is getting in 2013. Check out the single, Bed Peace, below. Don't forget to show her music some love October 29th.



No comments:

Post a Comment