Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Top Dawg Under Dawg.

Top Dawg Entertainment in my opinion has the best line up of rappers in the game right now known as Black Hippy. Maybe it's just a west coast thing. If you fuck with TDE you're probably on Kendrick's nuts right now since he's finally getting the recognition he deserves, Jay Rock has been around forever, scHoolboy Q might be another you don't really know, and then there's Ab-soul. THAT nigga. This man is a lyrical genius, definitely the "Real Thinker" of black hippy...


 His early music is what got me hooked. He rapped about things I could personally relate to, being a "regular nigga"just trying to make something of my life. Listening to his music actually requires thought and might even prone you to do some research. ( thank God for RapGenius) lol Unlike most people I like music that actually means something. And Soul brotha number 2's music indeed touches my soul. If you've never heard of him check out Longterm Mentality, Longterm Mentality 2, and Control System. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment